Monday, September 6, 2010

Missing sweet Charlotte

It has been just a little over a month now since Charlotte passed over the Rainbow Bridge and I still miss my little girl. I find myself looking for her at different times during the day and then I catch myself because I remember she is no longer here.
Morning breakfast ritual is a time that will always remind me of her. Her last few months were consumed with giving her medication and trying to perk up her appetite and get her to eat. She had special bowls and plates and they are still in the cupboard and on the counter top.
She also had a fascination for anything electrical. She loved to chew on the antenna for the mobile phone or sit on the remote control for the TV. Whenever John or I couldn't find the remote, the first place we looked was under Charlotte. Nine times out of ten, that's where it was. Just last night I reached for the remote and half expected Charlotte to be there.
Baby Charlotte - 8 weeks old
Charlotte perched on John's shoulder while he worked - 3 months old
I know she and John are together now and she can snuggle with her Daddy.

2 comments:

  1. Dear, sweet Charlotte....I know that you miss her greatly. Her daddy is cuddling her close to him, and they are taking care of each other. Charlotte will remain in your heart, and her spirit is always with you. Sweet photos.....Sending love and purrs, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your loss.
    Sheri/sheridragonfly

    ReplyDelete