Friday, September 24, 2010

Friskie



I have been reluctant to post this picture and introduce this new member of the Collins family but I think the time has come. This is Friskie, my mother-in-law's cat, and she came to live with us last month when my mother-in-law could no longer care for herself and was admitted to an assisted living group home.
It has been a rough transition. Our household has been through a lot of changes in the last four months. Adding Friskie to the mix has not been easy, for her or us. At one point, I wasn't even sure I was going to keep her. She is scared and not socializing well. But giving her away is just not an option. She needs us. Gradually, she is starting to relax and explore her new home and I think in time she will fit in and become a full member of the family.
So, welcome, little girl.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome, indeed, Friskie!!!! You are absolutely gorgeous, and Mama Joy will eventually be glad that she took a chance on you. It's understandable that you have had a difficult adjustment period, after losing your home, and being transplanted into the Collin's Pet Emporium. It's been a frightening time for you. Believe me, you will be loved, petted, snuggled and fed well; you will think this home is almost Heaven. Hang in there, and be happy. I'm proud of you, Joy....Friskie is worth the risk, and John is smiling. :-)) Purrs, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's slowly taking chances. She wandered into my office yesterday. Then got scared when she saw Casey sleeping in my In Box. I think she needs more one on one time with me.

    ReplyDelete