Thursday, December 18, 2008

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, O pathetic little Christmas Tree...


I had to redecorate the tree this morning. I found Riley chewing on the doo-hickey that the ornament hangers hook into. One of them had come loose from one of the Christmas balls he was batting around and he had it in his mouth. He knew he wasn't supposed to, either. As soon as I saw what he was doing I grabbed for it and he tried to dash away with it.
So, since that's a potential choking hazard, I took all the balls down and packed them away. The tree looked awful. So, I dug out some other decorations I had used in years past when the other cats were younger. I saw a tree in a magazine that year that had pointsettias used as decorations. I had gotten a bunch of silk ones from the local craft shop and they didn't look too bad - that year. Now, they are kind of flattened from being packed away and I still can't have anything on the two lower branches because Riley grabs everything that's within his reach.
The tree looks kind of sad complete with lop-sided angel. But it IS Riley's First Christmas. He'll only be a kitten once.
And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment