Sunday, December 21, 2008

Buster

It was one year ago today that our sweet Buster was diagnosed with VAS - vaccine associated sarcoma http://www.vas-awareness.org/. It eventually took his life in March of this year.
We were devastated when we found out. We had never heard of this disease. We kept hoping against hope that the lump on his back was something that could be cured or fixed - a fatty tumor, an infection, a dislocation - anything but what it was - an aggressive cancer caused by the vaccines that were supposed to keep him healthy and safe. I can't tell you the guilt I felt thinking I had caused this in him. I urge all cat owners to be aware of this and to discuss this possibility with your vet before deciding about vaccinations.

1995 - 2008

It's only been nine months since Buster passed away and we miss him so much.
I hope to share some stories about him with you but today I'm just missing him.
Rest in peace, my baby.

1 comment:

  1. This are beautiful words to honor Buster, who will always be with you and John.
    Bless you for your love and care for him.

    J

    ReplyDelete