Saturday, December 6, 2008

Good thing he's cute...


This happened when Riley was 6 months old. Some days I wonder if he's going to see his first birthday...

It was a little after 3 AM one morning. John and I were sound asleep.
All of a sudden, I heard a hollow thud and my subconscious knew immediately what that noise was. I sat bolt upright in bed and looked to my left to the hearth [we have a fireplace in our bedroom].
Riley had overturned the 5 gallon pet water dispenser and water was happily gurgling all over the floor.
I yelled "Water!" and my husband sat up.
"What? What?" He doesn't wake up very fast.
"Riley overturned the water." By this time, the water was three feet wide and still coming.
We both jumped up.
I righted the fountain. John ran for towels. Riley ran for cover - he knew he was in trouble.
I won't repeat what John said - you can imagine.
After we cleaned that up, we tried to go back to bed but John kept tossing.
"I think I have a cluster headache," he said. He gets those occasionally.
So we got up so I could get him one of the Imitrex pills that I keep in the kitchen.
Not good for Riley...
As we rounded the dinette, what did we see?
The OTHER water dispenser [a 3 gallon one] overturned in there.
More towels. More unmentionable words. This time, Riley got a swat on the behind.
So, after that was cleaned up, we walked back to bed.
As we passed through the living room, I looked over at the fireplace in that room and saw that the fireplace screen had been knocked over and was flat on the floor.
Two of Riley's toys were lying next to it, a sure giveaway.
I looked at John and just pointed.
He waved his hand and didn't say a word and just continued walking to bed, muttering.

Good thing he's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment