Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Sean's prayer flags

 

Many years ago we were blessed to have a vet who came to our home for all visits that didn't require a special procedure/equipment or surgery. One of the things he did for us was provide in-home euthanasia. This made this sorrowful process easier on our furbaby and easier on us, too.

One of the things that Dr. Tom did before he left after our baby had passed was leave us with Tibetan prayer flags made especially for pets. 

Prayer flags are part of Tibetan Buddhist religious practices. They are used to spread goodwill and compassion throughout the universe. The prayers on traditional Tibetan prayer flags center on supplications, good wishes, and desires for peace. These texts, prayers, and symbols are considered to become a permanent part of the universe as they fade.

The flags that Dr. Tom gave us contained the little prayer 
"You have gone ahead
And nothing is the same
Leaving paw prints on my heart
That will always remain"
 
Dr. Tom has retired and moved away and I had forgotten about his practice after Sean passed. But I remembered last week and was able to find a person on Etsy who sells them. The flags arrived a couple of days ago and they hang on our deck as a tribute to my Seanie.
 
I still miss my sweet boy and this small gesture helps ease the hurt that my heart still feels.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment