Sunday, November 17, 2019

Thieves thwarted

One of the many wonders and blessings of living where we do in Arizona is the abundance of wildlife.
And one of the ones I see most are javelinas.
They usually patrol at night scavenging for food so I have to be careful what I leave out. I used to use quail blocks to feed the quail but those attracted the javelinas and just made a mess.
And javelinas can be dangerous to man and dog especially if they have young ones with them.
Lucky for me I have a motion detector camera in my driveway and I catch the critters often. In this video you can hear them digging through the garbage off the side out of view of the camera. There's even a Momma nursing her baby.
 
 

After this I have been using bungee cords to keep the lid tightly on. It worked but they still try. I now have bite marks of frustration on the can.
One guy tried again last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment