Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Mighty Hunters

OK, I am totally freaked out right now and taking deep breaths to calm down.
Thank goodness for Chaz & Riley.
They like to play under my desk but sometimes they chew my cables and cords so I shoo them out of there often. Most times they listen pretty well.
This morning they wouldn't. No matter how many times I shooed them they kept going back under my desk and they were really interested in one particular spot.
So I crawled under my desk to see what was going on.
I didn't see anything so I shooed them again.
Again they went back and this time started sniffing under my computer tower.
So one more time I crawled under my desk and this time I cautiously turned the tower on its side so I could see under it.
Lo and behold there was a scorpion under there!!! And it was alive and wiggling and showing its mean scorpion tail.
I never would have noticed him either if the boys hadn't alerted me because he was pretty much the same color as the wood floor.
I freaked out! I HATE scorpions. I am afraid of scorpions. Scorpions are creepy and they can really hurt you. Did I mention I H.A.T.E. scorpions!
But I figured it was me or him so I ran into our bedroom and grabbed a shoe. I came back and smashed that scorpion to smithereens.
And I will pay more attention when the boys alert me to trouble next time.
Good boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment