Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chazzie

Chazzie seems to be going through something right now. He has been pee-ing outside his litterbox occasionally. At first I thought it was an infection but he was checked for that and he doesn't have one. Today he gets an x-ray to make sure he doesn't have crystals or stones but I don't think it's that either. I think it's emotional.
I am attacking the problem from several sides with guidance from my two vets.
I picked up all the scatter rugs that he was using [luckily we have tile floors]. I added another litter box for a total of three now. He is still on his antibiotic for a few more days just for safe measure. He is getting Tinkle Tonic three times a day. And yesterday I added Rescue Remedy.
Then yesterday a new wrinkle - Chazzie is chewing things he shouldn't - like chewing the cord to my blinds in my office, rendering it useless when it comes to lowering or raising it.
But I can't get angry with him. I know he is upset about something. The problem is finding out what it is and figuring out how to make it better.
He's two years old now. This is a new behavior. There has to be a solution. He could be reacting to me. I know I am still very upset about losing John. And Chazzie was very attached to John.
Chaz with John - 4 months old
I know animals mourn. And they pick up on the emotions of their people. So maybe Chazzie is picking up on my grief. I just hope for both our sakes, I am able to figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment