Thursday, January 6, 2011

A kitty's memory

I had a very sad experience this morning. Lately, little Chazzy has been getting very excited when I come out of the shower. He sits on the toilet seat and cries while I towel off. He also gets up on his hind legs and stretches as far as he can get in an attempt to rub and bury his nose in my hair.
I just thought it was an odd quirk of his and let it go at that.
Then this morning it hit me what he was trying to do.
On many mornings I use a little dab of Obsession For Men's shampoo as a final rinse in my hair because I like the smell of it. It reminds me of John.
I had no idea it was doing the same thing to Chaz. Every time I bent low to allow him to sniff my hair he went wild, rubbing and crying.
The little guy was missing John too and the scent of John's cologne was making him remember his Daddy.
Who says animals don't feel?

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful memory, Chaz. Glad that you have shared it with your mommy....so nice to feel that your daddy is so close....Sending lots of pats and snuggles your way....alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right on about this. Do you ever watch Cesar Milan on TLC? He is amazing with animals and often can fix behavoir problems in one visit. I love to watch the show. So many dogs that people have just given up on and he is able to help them. He has often addressed the fact that our pets mourn the loss of another pet or human and suffer. Just not being able to talk about it to us must be so hard.

    ReplyDelete