Friday, April 19, 2013

Toby continues to have difficulties

I really thought yesterday was going to be "the day". I called my vet and asked him to come see her and let me know what he thought. Toby was flat out refusing to eat and except for her diarrhea subsiding, all of her other issues were either the same or worse.
I needed some guidance and if it was time, I wanted to do what was best for Toby.
So Dr Tom came.
He spent two hours with her and me. Have I told you how much I  love my vet? The man is a saint.
We decided we would give her some more time and we made a plan. We tweaked her medications - discontinuing some, adding others. He gave me some ideas for her diet.
Today she seems a little brighter. Her appetite still isn't great but it's better. There are at least some things she will eat for me. Tonight she had a can of Mighty Dog and two slices of bread with honey plus she had her medications and a slew of dog biscuits. I think that's pretty good.
We're taking this one day at a time. We're going to re-evaluate on Monday. By that time we should know if we are headed in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment