Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bella's first day of school

Well, we finally attended our first day of puppy school yesterday.
Bella did well and she loved it.
But it was touch and go at first.  She did not want to leave the house so I had to carry her to my van. Then she didn't want to get into the carrier. That took some persuading. But she was very good on the ride over.
But then she didn't want to get out of the carrier. That was a small struggle. I had given up on the boots I had bought her before we left the house but I was able to find a spot right next to the sidewalk so she didn't have to walk on the hot macadam. I placed her on the sidewalk but she wouldn't walk. This was all new territory to her and she was having none of it. After some persuading, she took her first tentative steps toward the store and then as she gained confidence she walked right up to Petco.
Unfortunately, the automatic doors threw her for a loop.
I'm sure she wondered why on earth the walls moved!
But we managed to get through and then she felt better. She walked right up to the area that was sectioned off for our class and seemed to relax. As the other dogs arrived, she was quite friendly and warmed up to them.
In our first class we learned "Look at me", how to walk on a leash, and "Come". Bella did well and enjoyed the socialization time afterwards too.We have homework to do, lots of practice and we are looking forward to going back next week.
I didn't get any pictures during class but here is my little school girl all tired out at home after class.

No comments:

Post a Comment