Friday, October 12, 2012

Jessie update

Jessie seems a little better this morning.
I talked to the vet yesterday and he came by this morning. I love my vet!
Yesterday he told me to do warm compresses on her back. I tried that. She wasn't thrilled. So I only did it once.
He also told me to give her vodka. I know - I had to repeat it. I wasn't sure I heard him right.
It was only very little. But he said it would help with the pain.
I gave her two doses. It was one tablespoon of vodka in one tablespoon of water. I mixed it and soaked a piece of bread in it and then she ate that.
In any case, by last evening she was better. She was able to go into the yard and use the ramp without any problem.
She slept all night and this morning got up on her own and came out to breakfast looking rather chipper.
The yard was no problem for her this morning.
Her pain level is better and the vet gave me something to decrease the inflammation.
It seems like it was an arthritis/muscle strain flare-up.
But in any case, she is much better and I am happy.
I was really worried. I thought I was going to have to make that final decision. She was that bad.
But she has been able to get lots of treats out of me so she is a happy girl.
I know she isn't cured and eventually I am going to have to face the inevitable but at least it's not looking like that today.
Right now she is here with me in my office, asleep on her bed, snoring.
I am just going to take this day by day and be grateful for every one I have with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment