Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cinder-Riley

Just when I thought this little guy held no more surprises for us, he proves me wrong.
I should have known.
John and I went out to brunch this morning. We weren't gone but an hour and came home to this.

[Click on photos for a better view - the second one is a doozy. Hit "back" to return here.]
Riley had somehow crawled behind the fireplace screen in the living room and got soot all over himself. John had vacuumed the log area out and it was clean. No ashes anywhere. But it looks like Riley decided to try and see what was up the flue and rubbed himself against the walls of the firebox. I tried washing it off with some kitty wipes I had but he's going to be dingy for a while until he gets himself clean again.
Good thing he's cute.............

4 comments:

  1. Riley, I'm thinking you need to stick to playing hockey. It doesn't get you in trouble like your "exploring" does. Besides, who will want to hug you with soot all over your fur? Keep it clean, man.

    Love,
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost noon and I've not heard any news about you yet today. Good. It's close to Christmas so you "better watch out."

    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if you can just get Riley to cook! Something tells me his specialty would be some type of fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give him time. I wouldn't put it past him. :>)

    ReplyDelete